2020 Wild Northwest Photo Contest
Conservation Northwest / Aug 06, 2020 / Members
Send us your best photos of Washington’s wildest critters and spaces to make this year’s Members Month truly special!
By Jen Mannas, Membership and Operations Associate
September is Members Month and it’s just around the corner! Throughout the month of August we are calling on all photo enthusiasts to send us some visual inspiration to make this year’s celebration special. Show us your best Northwest wildlife and wildland pics and your image could be selected for one of our photo cards or gift prints.
- Submit your photo(s) by emailing info(at)conservationnw.org
- Deadline to submit is 11:59 pm PST on August 31.
- Maximum of three photo submissions per entrant.
- Photos can be submitted in one of two categories: Northwest wildlife or wildlands. Photo should be taken in Washington state or southern British Columbia with a preference for photos of wildlife or landscapes taken in Washington national parks or national forests, wilderness and roadless areas, state public lands and areas where Conservation Northwest has been active. Check out this map of some of our key conservation programs.
- Include your first and last name, category, and a brief description including location and date taken with each submission.
- Submit the highest-quality version of your photo and please zip files larger than 5 GB.
- Entrant should be a current Conservation Northwest member. If you are not a member or need to renew your membership, consider joining today!
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrant, and submitted without watermarks.
- By entering the contest, you grant Conservation Northwest a royalty-free license to publicly display, reproduce, and use the photographs in any form or media for any and all editorial and related promotional purposes in perpetuity. However, you will retain the copyright to your photo(s).
Photos will be judged by a panel of Conservation Northwest staff with the winner being announced the second week of September. Even if your photo is not selected as the winner, we may feature it in our communications on our website.
The photo contest winner will receive a Conservation Northwest gear pack and a gift print of the winning photograph will be sent to all new and renewing members in September.
All of September we will be toasting our members! Stay tuned for more information about Members Month including our members virtual trivia night on September 16th and member incentives.